Hello, guys, this is a very special article for all the students of Mechanical Engineering and it is also a common question in front of all that, how and what to do after mechanical engineering? As everyone needs a brighter career, it is very difficult to find a better opportunity. So, in this article, I am going to explain about the best option that we can prefer after engineering so that the right path can be achieved.
10 Successful Strategies for a Mechanical Engineering Career:
Follow these Tips for a Successful Mechanical Engineering Career which are presented below.
1. Mechanical engineers are involved in various fields like
- Design and Analysis
- Marketing of mechanical systems etc.
2. They should have knowledge about
- Computer Applications (tips and tricks)
- Software applications
- Basic modelling (sketching etc.)
By this, we can say that mechanical engineering has a brighter career by choosing any module.
3.Chances for Mechanical Engineering
The chances where a mechanical engineer can sustain are
- Design and analysis
- Nanotechnology etc.
4.JOB for a Successful Mechanical Engineering Career:
If you have completed your degree and your first and best Preference is to do a job then you should have to opt to GATE.
In this region, if you want to do a job, then you have two options. They are
1.GATE + PSU
2.Must do M-Tech to teach the students
Now, we can discuss briefly about PSU’s and other Private sector Units where a Mechanical Engineer has to pass through each and every aspect depending upon his Marks in GATE.
1.GATE + PSU:
- Every PSU is opening the doors if and only if the students have a valid good GATE score.
- With the help of GATE exam, the best option to do a job is in the PSU’s.
- The PSU’s are BHEL, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, NTPC,SAIL, Vizag Steel, ONGC,MDL,WBSEDCL,NPCIL,MECL,NLC,HPU,CEL,GAIL,NFL,RITES,MIDHANI,THDC,BARC,GSECL,NALCO,DRDO,IRCON,NFL,NHPC,BSPCL,TATA POWER,BEML,PSPCL,RCF etc.
- The CTC was around 8 Lakhs/Annum.
In the Private Sector:
- A mechanical engineering student can also have his career in private sectors like Mahindra and Mahindra company, General Motors, Toyota, Tata Motors, Maruti, Honda, L&T, or any other thermal power plant. These companies are recruiting mechanical engineers with attractive packages.
- For this, your GATE score must not be much high or it also depends upon the test that they provide during the interview so that depending upon the merit list, students will be recruited.
- The salary of a mechanical engineer in the private sector units was in the range of 15000 to 50000 per month in starting.
If you have a good GATE score then you can do the masters in highly reputed colleges in India like IISC’s, IIT’s, NIT’s, BITS, universities, State colleges, etc. you can choose a master’s degree in the disciplines of
- Industrial Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing Systems
- Design and Analysis etc.
If you get a good score then you can go directly to the interviews by applying to the reputed colleges in India as mentioned above i.e.IISC’s, IIT’s, NIT’s, BITS, universities, State colleges, etc. If your GATE rank lies in their cut-off score, then there is no need for an interview.
If your rank lies out of there cut-off range, then You need to pass through the interview. If you are selected in that interview, then you can get the admission in the preferred IISC’s, IIT’s, NIT’s.
If you have failed, then you need to apply for another college. This process can be applicable for all the reputed colleges in India which only depend from GATE Rank.
5.State Eligibility Tests for M-Tech:
If you don’t have a valid GATE score, then don’t worry. You can write any State Eligibility Tests for doing Masters in technology like PGCET (Telangana & Andhra Pradesh Board) and in other states, there are other Competitive exams to do the M-Tech in the reputed colleges.
After obtaining the master’s degree, you can enter into the Teaching Profession with the Designation called Assistant Professor where your minimum salary should be 18000 per month.
6.A Part from GATE Exam:
Apart from the GATE exam as well as going to higher studies, you can also do a job if you know the basic software’s in the field of mechanical engineering i.e. if you have knowledge in the field of Design, then your possibilities are very high in the market because Design Engineer has a huge value with high packages and for that you need to learn the following mechanical software’s.
7.Which software you need to learn
- AutoCAD (Basic Software)
- Modelling Software’s like
- Unigraphics (NX)
3.Analysis Software (ANSYS)
- Meshing Software (Hyper mesh)
Other Fields of Mechanical Engineering Career:
- Maintenance (Maintenance Engineer)
some of the companies are offering the Internships (or) Apprenticeship also in the above fields. Therefore, if you join in those regions as mentioned above, you can get a good knowledge in Industrial Domains also.
8.Apart from Mechanical Engineering:
If you want to do the higher studies in the field of business then you need to go to MBA and for that, you need to write the entrance exam named CAT where you can get the admission in the highest reputed management colleges like IIM’s.
If you want to do the master’s degree from foreign countries, then you need to write the entrance exam named as GRE. If you get a good score, then you have a chance to move the various countries like China, Japan, USA, UK, Germany, etc.
10. After M-Tech:
During your teaching course as an assistant professor, if you want to move ahead and want to do the research in the field of mechanical engineering or any other engineering then you need to write an entrance exam for doing proper research named as Ph.D.
Apart from mechanical engineering, the new areas of research are Energy Conservation, Biomedical, Nano Technology, etc.
Hope this article of 10 Successful Strategies for a Mechanical Engineering Career was useful to you. If you want to add something to this Article, then you can call us from the comment section and we can update this as soon as possible to the existing Article.
If the above strategies cannot be worked out, then you can be the Victim of Unemployment. Considering various Aspects, I have written the 7 Reasons for the Mechanical Engineering student to become a Victim of Unemployment and is as follows.