Hydraulic Turbine: Working, Types, Advantages and Disadvantages
According to Type of Energy Available at Inlet:
According to Direction of Flow:
According to Head of Water Available at Inlet:
According to Specific Speed of Turbine:
ALSO READ : TYPES OF WIND TURBINE
Advantages and Disadvantages:
- It is a renewable energy source. Water energy can be used again and again.
- The running cost of turbine is less compare to other.
- It has high efficiency.
- It can be control fully. The gate of dam is closed when we does not need electricity and can be open when we needed.
- Dams are used from very long time so it can be used for power generation.
- It does not pollute environment.
- It is easy to maintain.
- The dam constructed for hydraulic turbine can become a tourist place.
- Initial cost is very high. It takes several decades to become profitable.
- It can destroy the natural environment at site. Large dam cause big geological damages.
- It can develop at only few sites where proper amount of water is available.